Friday, October 14, 2011

Friends and Family

Let's talk about reconnecting...this has been a week of seeing family and old friends for no other reason than to just be together and well...reconnect. Monday night was all about revisiting my oldest friendships and catching up with them and their busy lives. Say what you will about Facebook, but I reconnected with a former 5th grade teacher of ours through Facebook not long ago and there she was in the restaurant that night with her grandson as we all walked in the door. It was such an honor to see her again and no, I will not say how long ago that was when we experienced that 5th grade year. She has been an inspiration to all of us through the years and we loved seeing her again. Wednesday night was family. We all congregated down into Decatur's Brickstore Pub once again to enjoy the many ages that create our family. The oldest was 82 and the youngest twins were 3 and all the rest of us were in-between. We can't get together enough as far as I am concerned. I find my family very interesting and very courageous. We are risk takers and business creators. We are mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, and cousins of all ages. We are kitchen managers, students, and paper salesmen. But most of all, we are a family who supports each other unconditionally...as it should be. Events such as these remind me of the importance of keeping connected. I do define myself by where I come from..talk about a conversation starter...when was the last time you asked that question to yourself. I bet depending on what age you are now will determine your answer and you might surprise yourself! Reconnecting reminds us of where we've been and to whom we are accountable to. Reconnecting helps us move forward by reminding us of who got us there in the first place. Reconnecting improves emotional strength so we can help those of us who can't be strong right now, but who most assuredly will be again one day...I promise. Happy Birthday, Andy! Today was a great day!!! Let's do it again tomorrow. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment